Several industry associations and other organizations have scheduled by invitation-only workshops or focus sessions to address the topics included in the January, 2016, DoD Manufacturing Innovation Institutes (MIIs) Request for Information (RFI). The Department of Defense is not sponsoring these workshops, but does expect the information from these workshops to be useful in its deliberation to determine which topics to select for the two future MIIs, as is addressed in the RFI.
This posting is for information only. Details for each workshop may be found at:
- Assistive and Soft Robotics hosted by SME, 7 & 8 March, Dearborn, MI. www.sme.org/roboticsworkshop or LMcDaniel@sme.org
- Advanced Machine Tools and Control Systems hosted by AMT, 10 & 11 March, Atlanta, GA. http://www.amtonline.org/calendar/dodrfiworkshop.htm
- Certification, Assessment, and Qualification hosted by ASME, 22 & 23 March, Arlington, VA. (HellerME@asme.org)
- Securing the Manufacturing Digital Thread – Cybersecurity for Manufacturing hosted by the Colorado Advanced Manufacturing Alliance, 29 March, Colorado Springs, CO. (email@example.com)
- Bioengineering for Regenerative Medicine and Bioprinting across Technology Sectors hosted by the National Academy of Sciences, 4 & 5 April, Washington, DC. http://sites.nationalacademies.org/DEPS/NMMB/index.htm
The RFI is posted at: